Trust our experience managing legal matters related to condominium, cooperative and homeowners' association law.
Our experience in this area of law is broad and deep, and includes representing associations’ boards of directors, developers, as well as individual unit owners. We currently or in the past represented more than one hundred condominium, homeowner or cooperative associations. We have:
- drafted, interpreted and amended declarations, by-laws, and rules and regulations on behalf of association boards of directors
- counseled boards of directors to interpret and enforce association rules and to assist with architectural review decisions
- provided counsel to ease the process of transition from declarant control
- conducted rules violation hearings
- reviewed and negotiated contracts on behalf of associations
- negotiated with homeowners
- initiated and prosecuted injunctions against developers
- instituted lawsuits and defended lawsuits on behalf of associations
- entered into collections and foreclosure actions against delinquent homeowners
- worked with developers to establish associations
- created templates for resale certificates and other necessary documents to ensure compliance with the law
- counseled unit owners through the purchase or sale of their units.
Our attorneys are actively involved in national professional institutes, in legislative action committees and are frequent lecturers in the area of associations law.